Friday, September 17, 2010

Impression of Japan

This was not my first time coming to Japan.  I had lived in Japan for three years back in the early 1990's, so I want some what familiar with my surroundings.  On top of that, my Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother on my Dad's side of the family came over from Hiroshima, Japan.  So I have been introduced and exposed to Japan from a very early age, even though I am just a quarter Japanese.  But I cannot really remember what my intial impression was when I arrived here because I was roughly a year old.  When I was here in Japan previously, once I became older, I can remember a toy store that I loved going into as well as going to some temples with my family.  The thing that stuck out for me the most when I arrived here in Japan in August was driving on the other side of the road as well as the driver being on the other side of the vehicle.  This struck me as so wierd and foreign that I'm still not used to driving on the other side yet.  The other big impression that I have was how good Japanese drivers are, especially when they are backing their car into a tiny space.  It is incredible how good they are.  I'm, in a way, inspired to become a much better driver when because of the way the Japanese handle thier cars. 






2 comments:

  1. Your text is interesting but it seems to abruptly stop. I want to read more. And how do the photos (which are quite nice) relate to your text?

    Please add the Creative Commons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description leaves me a bit confused. Are you the one driving in Japan, or are you the passenger in a vehicle. Both of these experiences can be interesting and revealing if explored more in depth, but it's difficult to tell where you going with it just quite yet.

    ReplyDelete