Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Engergitic Okaasan

My Okaasan is a spritly 70 year old who always seems to be doing something.  It seems to me that my Okaasan cannot really sit still in some form or another.  She's always talking and asking me questions.  Or if we are out doing something, she would be taking pictures of something she found really interesting.  The picture below is one that my Okaasan took of herself as she, my Otoosan and myself went on a trip to ancient ninja house that was about two hours away from our house. 




Everything my Okaasan does, it seems like she always has a smile on her face.  These next pictures are ones I took of my Okaasan as we were talking after dinner.  I asked her if I could take a few pictures of her and she agreed whole heartedly after I tried to explain why I was taking them in Japanese.  Usually after dinner, I would practice my Japanese with both my Okaasan and Otoosan, who are both very patient and willing to help me try to learn Japanese.  This night though, the television was on and the program we were watching was about a family who was really obsessed about the Hansin Tigers.  My Okaasan was a little shocked to see all the Tigers merchendise the family had.  The two of us were calling the family huge Hansin Tigers otaku, since that was the best way I could describe them in Japanese to my Okaasan.  In the end, my Okaasan was happy with the amount of Japanese I spoke to her that night.





1 comment:

  1. Host mothers are a great source of information - and a great choice for the portrait assignment. You provide a nice description. She certainly doesn't look 70!

    ReplyDelete